These air fryer apple pie bombs are made with just five simple ingredients! Apple pie filling is encased in a buttery biscuit, cooked, then rolled in a sweet cinnamon sugar topping. And as long as you carefully purchase ingredients, this dessert is easily made dairy free.
Disclaimer: Always double check ingredients and labels yourself prior to making a recipe. While I try to check all ingredients for allergens, there’s always the chance I may miss something, or manufacturer formulations can change.
Here’s what you’ll need to make this recipe, along with selected ingredient notes:
- Butter flavored cooking spray OR dairy free butter – I find the butter-flavored cooking spray very easy to use for getting the cinnamon sugar coating to stick – and the Walmart version is dairy-free at the time of publish (of course, always double check as manufacturer formulations can change). You can also simply use melted dairy-free butter and roll the apple pie bombs in that before dipping in the cinnamon sugar. Whatever works best for you!
- Refrigerated biscuit dough – Many refrigerated biscuits are dairy-free. The Walmart biscuits shown above were dairy-free at the time of publish (but note that some cans may have a cross contamination warning, so consider that if you have a severe allergy). Pillsbury flaky layers buttermilk biscuits and Pillsbury Southern Homestyle Biscuits were also dairy-free at the time of publish (but both also contain a cross contamination warning). Read labels carefully and choose a product that works for you!
I love these air fryer apple pie bombs because they’re so easy to make! You’ll find the full recipe amounts and instructions in the recipe card at the bottom of the page, but here’s a quick overview.
Start by preheating your air fryer.
Roll out the biscuit dough so it’s flat. Add a spoonful of apple pie filling to the center.
Press the edges of the dough shut and roll into a smooth ball. Place these in the air fryer basket.
Air fry for about 10 minutes, until the biscuits are cooked through.
While those are cooking, mix together cinnamon and sugar in a bowl.
When the apple pie bombs are done cooking, spray with butter-flavored cooking spray (or dip in melted dairy-free butter), then roll in the cinnamon sugar.
Let cool for a few minutes so you don’t scorch your mouth (been there, haha) – then dig in!
Here are some common questions that may pop up as you make these:
Yes! Feel free to make these using cherry pie filling, peach pie filling, strawberry pie filling, or blueberry pie filling.
Yes. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Prepare the filled biscuits as instructed, then place them in a 11×7 or 9×13 baking dish. Spray with butter cooking spray or pour melted butter over the top, and sprinkle on cinnamon sugar. Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.
Allergens in this recipe
(Remember, always double check labels!)
As written with proper ingredient choices, this recipe is dairy free. It should be nut free and egg free as long as your ingredients do not contain those.
This recipe does contain wheat. It may contain soy depending on ingredient choices.
More Apple Recipes
If you love a good apple treat in the fall (or any time of year!) try one of these tasty recipes:
I hope you enjoy these air fryer apple pie bombs as much as I do! If you get a chance to try ‘em, feel free to leave a recipe rating or comment below.
Air Fryer Apple Pie Bombs (Dairy Free)
These air fryer apple pie bombs are an easy and delicious dessert – perfect for fall!
- 1 can of refrigerated biscuit dough
- 1 can apple pie filling
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ tbsp cinnamon
- Dairy-free butter flavored cooking spray (or 1 tbsp dairy free butter, melted)
Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees. If your air fryer tends to stick, feel free to spray with cooking spray (this is typically unnecessary though).
Roll out the biscuit dough so that it’s flat. Add a spoonful of apple pie filling to the center of each biscuit, then pinch the ends of the dough shut and roll into a smooth ball. Repeat with all the biscuits.
Place the filled biscuits in the air fryer. Air fry for 9-11 minutes, or until the balls have browned and the biscuits are cooked through.*
Meanwhile, combine the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
When the apple pie bombs have finished cooking, spray with dairy-free butter-flavored cooking spray (or dip in melted dairy-free butter), then roll in the cinnamon sugar mixture. Enjoy!
- Roll the dough as thin as possible without tearing for best results.
- *Thicker biscuits will require longer time in the air fryer. Test one to ensure it is cooked through; if there is still raw biscuit dough inside, air fry again for another 2-3 minutes.
Share: What’s your favorite apple dessert? Do you love your air fryer too?
Feel free to pin this post to save for later!