On the Site, we provide information about dairy free recipes, dairy free nutrition, food allergies, and other relevant topics.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT:
- This Site collects the personal information you voluntarily provide to us, which includes your name and e-mail address, in order to subscribe to our newsletter or comment on our blog. If you opt-in to receive our newsletter, the option to unsubscribe will be included in every e-mail.
- If you purchase a product, your payment information will be processed by a trusted third party vendor (Amazon, PayPal, or E-Junkie). We do not store this payment information on our site or in our files.
- This site may also collect aggregate demographic information through Google Analytics, such as gender, age, and preferences/interests. This analytical data is not personally identified to you in any way. We use this information to provide you with relevant content and we use aggregated data from Google Analytics to provide demographic info on our site (percentage of male vs female readers; top geographic locations) for sponsored content opportunities.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER:
- We may use the information to advertise products or services, or to keep you up to date on recent posts, via our email list.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services, or gather ideas for content.
- We may record information relating to your use of the Site in order to help administer the Site and personalize your experience by improving customer service.
- We may use aggregate demographic information to share with third parties for sponsored content opportunities.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Additionally, we may send cookies to your computer in order to identify your improve our service. These are small data files that are stored on your browser, and are used by many categories of websites (including ours).
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
At any point, you may decline the cookies in your Internet browser settings. However, doing so may prevent use of some of the Site.
EMBEDDED CONTENT FROM OTHER WEBSITES:
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We do not sell your information to third parties.
We do use third parties to assist with some of the functions in this site, and as such your data may be shared with those and/or cookies may be used with those. These currently include the following:
- Google Analytics – We use google analytics to provide us with information about site volume, site navigation, user sessions, and demographic data. We may also use Google Analytics to track clicks to a particular link within a page.
- Mailmunch – We use Mailmunch for some of the email subscriber forms that are present on this site.
- Moosend – We use Moosend for other email subscriber forms, as well as to send out a biweekly email newsletter.
- PayPal – We use this as a payment processor on our site for certain products.
- Mediavine – We use Mediavine for third party advertising – additional details about this are present below.
This list may be updated from time to time Website’s sole discretion.
We sometimes use Bitly to create specific trackable links. In this case, the only data we have access to is the number of times a link was clicked.
HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR DATA:
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
If you submit an email address to sign up for our email newsletter, this will also be retained indefinitely, or until either you unsubscribe or we decide to discontinue our email newsletter.
Aggregate analytics data is kept for 50 months. Customer purchase records are kept for 10 years.
ADVERTISING & AFFILIATES
Affiliate Marketing: This website uses affiliate links, which are links that provide a commission back to us when you purchase a product. It tracks these purchases using a cookie. It does not change the user experience in anyway.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Advertising: This website uses Mediavine for advertising.
Mediavine Programmatic Advertising (Ver 1.1)
The Website works with Mediavine to manage third-party interest-based advertising appearing on the Website. Mediavine serves content and advertisements when you visit the Website, which may use first and third-party cookies. A cookie is a small text file which is sent to your computer or mobile device (referred to in this policy as a “device”) by the web server so that a website can remember some information about your browsing activity on the Website.
First party cookies are created by the website that you are visiting. A third-party cookie is frequently used in behavioral advertising and analytics and is created by a domain other than the website you are visiting. Third-party cookies, tags, pixels, beacons and other similar technologies (collectively, “Tags”) may be placed on the Website to monitor interaction with advertising content and to target and optimize advertising. Each internet browser has functionality so that you can block both first and third-party cookies and clear your browser’s cache. The “help” feature of the menu bar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to receive notification of new cookies, how to disable existing cookies and how to clear your browser’s cache. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information at All About Cookies.
Without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website content and features. Please note that rejecting cookies does not mean that you will no longer see ads when you visit our Site. In the event you opt-out, you will still see non-personalized advertisements on the Website.
The Website collects the following data using a cookie when serving personalized ads:
- IP Address
- Operating System type
- Operating System version
- Device Type
- Language of the website
- Web browser type
- Email (in hashed form)
Mediavine Partners (companies listed below with whom Mediavine shares data) may also use this data to link to other end user information the partner has independently collected to deliver targeted advertisements. Mediavine Partners may also separately collect data about end users from other sources, such as advertising IDs or pixels, and link that data to data collected from Mediavine publishers in order to provide interest-based advertising across your online experience, including devices, browsers and apps. This data includes usage data, cookie information, device information, information about interactions between users and advertisements and websites, geolocation data, traffic data, and information about a visitor’s referral source to a particular website. Mediavine Partners may also create unique IDs to create audience segments, which are used to provide targeted advertising.
If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices to opt-in or opt-out of this data collection, please visit National Advertising Initiative opt out page. You may also visit Digital Advertising Alliance website and Network Advertising Initiative website to learn more information about interest-based advertising. You may download the AppChoices app at Digital Advertising Alliance’s AppChoices app to opt out in connection with mobile apps, or use the platform controls on your mobile device to opt out.
For specific information about Mediavine Partners, the data each collects and their data collection and privacy policies, please visit Mediavine Partners.
SECURITY & DATA BREACHES:
We do our best to protect your information for any unauthorized access, misuse, or disclosure. In the event we discover a data breach, we will notify you within 72 hours.
However, you acknowledge that the personal information you voluntarily share could be accessed or tampered with by a third party. You agree that we are not responsible for any intercepted information shared through our Site without our knowledge or permission. Additionally, you release us from any and all claims arising out of or related to the use of such intercepted information in any unauthorized manner.
CHILDREN – ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT COMPLIANCE
If a parent or guardian believes that the Website has personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 16 in its database, please contact us immediately so that we may remove such data.
YOUR RIGHTS RELATED TO THIS INFORMATION
At any time, you have the right to the following:
- Opt-out – You may opt-out of email communications from us by using the unsubscribe button at the bottom of our email list, or by emailing a request to [email protected]. You may also email us directly if you would like access to a “freebie”/lead magnet but do not want to subscribe to the mailing list in order to access it.
- Understand Your Data – You can email us anytime to better understand the data that we have on file about you. Please reach out to [email protected].
- Delete/Forget Your Data – You can request that we erase your personal data. (Please note that there may be legal situations, bookkeeping requirements, or requirements to complete a transaction that require retaining the data for a certain period of time.)
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
If at any point you have any questions related to this privacy, please email [email protected].
Updated: July 2020