Go Back
An air fryer cherry hand pie on a blue plate.

Air Fryer Cherry Hand Pies

Get ready to dig into deliciousness with these air fryer cherry hand pies! With just 3 ingredients, these come together quickly and easily.
Course Dessert
Cuisine American
Keyword air fryer cherry hand pies, air fryer hand pies
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 12 minutes
Total Time 27 minutes
Servings 4 hand pies
Calories 215 kcal
Author Dairy Free for Baby


  • 1 egg
  • 1 dairy-free store-bought pie crust (or homemade pie crust)
  • 1 can of cherry pie filling


  1. In a small bowl, whisk the egg. Set aside for now.
  2. Roll out the pie crust. Use medium-large circle or heart cookie cutters to cut out your desired shape.
  3. Place a spoonful of cherry pie filling in the middle of half the shapes.
  4. Take the remaining shapes and place on top, pressing the edges down lightly to seal. Use the tongs of a fork to fully seal. Cut a tiny slit at the top of each with a sharp knife to vent.

  5. Take a pastry brush and dip it in the egg wash, then brush this over the tops of each hand pie.

  6. Place the hand pies in the air fryer (do not overlap). Air fry at 350 degrees for 11 to 14 minutes.
  7. Let cool for a few minutes (the filling will be quite hot). Enjoy!

Recipe Notes

  • The cooking time may change if you make hand pies that are very large (may need to increase time) or very small (may need to reduce time).
  • There is no can size listed - you only need about 1/2 cup total.  I can only find larger 21 ounce cans of cherry pie filling at our supermarkets, but if you can find a smaller 12 ounce can, definitely purchase that instead.
  • The nutrition analysis below assumes about 85% of one store-bought pie crust was used (the other 15% accounting for scraps after cutting out shapes), assumes about 25% of the egg is used, and assumes about 2 tbsp of cherry pie filling was used in each one (aiming for the high end of the range that people may use). Nutrition facts may vary.


Nutrition analysis (approximate per hand pie): 215 calories, 11 g fat, 230 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 0.5 g fiber, 8 g sugar, 2.5 g protein, Vitamin D: 0%, Calcium: 0%, Iron: 4%, Potassium: 1%